- On April 4, 2019
We are proud to announce the addition of prominent attorney Donald E. Stellato, Sr. to the firm’s litigation group. Don has over four decades of jury trial experience handling high-end personal injury and wrongful death cases. Prior to joining Kelleher & Buckley, LLC, he founded and managed his own firm for more than 25 years.
Throughout his career, Don has achieved numerous accolades, including being one of Illinois’ Top 100 Attorneys. He attributes his success to developing long-term relationships with his clients; he makes it his mission to serve them with a personal, proactive approach.
Don joins our established litigation team, which now has over 280 years of combined litigation experience, including business disputes, estate litigation, personal injury, employment and divorce.
Our Litigation Group
Because our litigation attorneys work closely with lawyers in other practice areas of our firm, Kelleher & Buckley, LLC provides a ‘team approach’ to litigation – an important component of our ability to achieve positive results for our clients. Several notable career milestones have been achieved by the senior attorneys in the group, which also includes a retired judge. Some of the most memorable:
- Exonerated the defense in a difficult case involving severe injury claims resulting from an auto accident. The case, which involved extensive expert testimony, independent medical examinations as well as accident reconstruction, was honored as one of the five most outstanding defense verdicts published in the Cook County Jury Verdict Reporter during the previous 15 years.
- Prevailed at trial concerning the elimination of a beneficiary of a land trust, convincing the judge the plaintiff did not have the authority to amend the trust documents. As a result, the client received 50% interest in the disputed property.
- Recovered a substantial settlement for a firefighter injured responding to a call as a result of homeowner negligence in the first personal injury case that applied Illinois statutory elimination of the Firefighters Rule.
- Represented a defendant in a week-long trial concerning a breach of contract sale of commercial property; securing a not guilty verdict for our client, as well as prevailing on the counter claim and obtaining an order that required the plaintiff to pay all attorney fees.
- Represented surviving family members of a resident physician who was struck and killed in a defective vehicle operated by a hospital parking attendant. Both the negligence and product liability cases filed on the family’s behalf resulted in a $7 million settlement.
- Obtained an acquittal of a husband and wife accused of tax evasion after a four-week, out-of-state trial.
Kelleher & Buckley, LLC is also comprised of several additional practice areas, such as Corporate, Estate Planning & Administration, Tax & Wealth Structuring and Real Estate & Banking. Our goal is to be your “one-stop shop” for all your legal needs.
Call us at 847-382-9130 to learn more about our Litigation Group, or any other legal services we provide.